To create alternative exercise options for our target group at the beginning of the corona pandemic, the use of the equestrian stadium at the Olympic Park for disc and footgolf Berlin was designed for the first time in 2020 in close cooperation with the LSB Berlin e.V. and the Senate Department for the Interior and Sport (Olympiapark Berlin).
educationally supervised groups of children and young people as well as young adults from the areas of school, youth social work, educational assistance, refugee assistance, clubs, associations, etc.
PROJECT PERIOD 2022 (IN PLANNING, SUBJECT TO COMMITMENTS OF USE)
04.04.-13.05.2022, 07.07.-16.09.2022, 04.-31.10.2022
in the above periods on the following weekdays:
Mondays and Fridays from 09:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m. or
Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m
Circuit with tracks up to 60 meters long
with natural obstacles and mobile steel baskets as targets for disc golf and creative targets for Footgolf
PROGRAM DURATION AND CONTENT
approx. two hours per group (longer by arrangement)
Short, sport-specific introduction (rules, technique)
Running through the course in teams including pedagogical support
on request and by prior arrangement: additional tasks to strengthen team spirit
Throwing discs and balls are also provided
CONTACT AND REGISTRATION
Participation only possible with prior registration and appointment
List of contact details for contagion tracing required
LOCATION AND ARRIVAL
Equestrian Stadium at the Olympic Park
Entrance: Passenheimer Str./ corner of Jesse-Owens-Allee
S-Bahn stations: Pichelsberg or Olympiastadion
Disc golf & footgolf course in the equestrian stadium at the Olympic Park
Attractive leisure opportunity for students and young adults/registration required
Due to the corona pandemic, sports and exercise offers are severely restricted. In order to create alternative exercise options for schoolchildren, the use of the equestrian stadium by the VSJ (carried out by the GSJ/leisure sports team) was designed in close cooperation with the LSB Berlin and the Senate Department for the Interior and Sport – Olympiapark Berlin/ Footgolf Berlin. On this uncovered sports area, sports and leisure opportunities can be realized in the form of distance, low-contact exercise offers (disc golf and footgolf).
The leisure sports team designed disc golf and footgolf course in the equestrian stadium. (Cross-boccia could also be offer.) After a sport-specific short introduction and practice phase, the target group would be supervised by (sports) educational staff with a minimum distance and in compliance with the existing hygiene requirements “play” or go through the course in several small teams. This offer includes attractive leisure activities that can be practiced by a relatively broad target group (even those with little previous sporting knowledge and skills).
The offer is aimed at:
• Pedagogically supervised groups, for example from the areas of school/school sports, school social work, all-day care, youth social work, educational assistance, emergency care from after-school care centers and homes/residential groups, refugee assistance, youth education contexts, clubs, etc. (group size depending on current official requirements within the Corona Pandemic period – please ask what is possible on a daily basis)
• Age structure: Children, young people and young people from the 5th grade at schools or from the age of 10 up to a maximum of 26 years of age accompanied by teachers/educational staff
Periods/ opening hours
• until October 9th, 2020: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; from 12/10/2020 to 13/11/2020: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m
• Appointments only after binding registration, agreement and confirmation in the leisure sports team!
• Please plan a period of approx. two hours per group on site.
Sports and exercise offers in the equestrian stadium
Combined disc golf & foot golf course (10 holes planned):
• Five-lane disc golf course (mobile steel baskets with chain nets and other creative targets and obstacles) in combination with the five-lane footgolf course
• Clay discs with different flight characteristics and soccer balls will be provided
(Crossboccia: The game can be offer as a supplement if there is sufficient staff and “gaps in use”. It offers creative game development options. The set of rules is easy to understand and can be communicate via posters. Independent, creative design of the course/the “lanes” within the equestrian stadium by the Players. Crossboccia sets – 4×3 balls per set – can be provided.)
Cost sharing for target groups
• No costs for participating, registered groups
Contact and registration
• Contact persons: Anke Roesler & Vivien Schwarz in the leisure sports team of the GSJ
• firstname.lastname@example.org, (030) 300 985 23, www.freizeitsport-team.de
The leisure sports team is ready and can be reach at any time, but soon we will be more in the equestrian stadium and less in the office. We therefore recommend contacting us by e-mail with a telephone number. We will then contact you as soon as possible to arrange an appointment.
Caution! If you participate, a complete list with names, addresses and telephone numbers must be submit so that the data is available in the event of an infection being trace.
Venue/ entrance/ arrival
• Equestrian Stadium at the Olympic Park
. Entrance: Passenheimer Str./ corner of Jesse-Owens-Allee
• S-Bahn stations: Pichelsberg or Olympiastadion